Who is responsible for the personal data collected?
Your personal data is controlled by Office App B.V., a company registered in The Netherlands with registered number 61947199 whose registered office is at Weesperplein 4B (1018 XA) Amsterdam (hereinafter: “Office App”).
Which personal data do we collect?
Information we collect directly from you
This is the personal data you provide us when using our Services. For example, when you create an account, book a meeting room, purchase a product/service from retailers or service providers that are included in the app, use the building community or contact us. This type of information may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and the way you use the Services.
Furthermore, our mobile application may collect information about your actual location from your device if you consent to the collection of this information. When using features like posting a picture in the community, or adding a picture to an issue report, you are asked to provide access to your camera and photo library.
Information we collect from your use of our website
Our Services include the offering of a (building) community. This is an open community. Please be aware that if you share personal information in your posts and comments this can be seen by other users.
How do we use your personal data?
We collect your personal data to provide you with the required services or information. The following are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
– provide you with services and products that you request from us;
– provide you with services and products that you request from retailers or service providers via our Services;
– manage your account;
– do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our Services;
– communicate regularly with you to inform you about our Services, updates regarding our terms & conditions and other information that may be of interest to you;
– resolve consumer and/or product and services issues;
– anticipate and resolve problems with any goods or services supplied to you
– improve your customer experience in our Services;
– deliver customized content or advertising such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you;
– participate in our online communities;
– store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us;
– create external marketing & analytics reports;
– prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our Services;
– analyse the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our products and services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to design new – products and services and for business development;
Will we share your personal data with other parties?
We may also disclose your personal data:
– to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
– If we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit).
– when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
Other than set out in this Privacy Statement, we will not share your personal data with any third party, unless you have given us your prior consent to do so.
How do we protect your personal data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
In particular: (i) we encrypt many of our services using SSL, (ii) we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, from time to time to guard our systems against unauthorized access, and (iii) we restrict access to personal information to our employees, retailers and all other parties we work with, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
Your privacy rights
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore, you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data. You also have the right to data portability. You can also exercise your privacy accounts by logging into your account
You can opt-out of continued information collection by our mobile application by deleting the application entirely from your device.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data current and complete. If you have problems with viewing, editing or deleting your personal data, please send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through our newsletters, we may keep you informed of offers, promotional actions and other news. To be sure of your consent to receive newsletters, we use a double opt-in system: after you have given permission to receive a newsletter, we will send you an e-mail in which we will ask you to confirm your consent. You can stop receiving our newsletter by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the end of every newsletter.
Links to other websites and mobile applications
Office App B.V.
Att: Privacy Officer
1018 XA Amsterdam (NL)
You also have the opportunity to submit a complaint to the competent privacy authority.